Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some past creations

Here are some of my recent creations.

The 3d Wall-E cake was a challenge my husband set for me. He persuaded our son to ask for it so that I couldn't say no! It was probably one of the most complex cakes I have done so far. The head, neck and arms were foam and the body was a vanilla buttercake. I had some icing issues when covering the cake as the fondant went really dry and cracked when I tried to cover the cake as one piece. In the end I covered each area seperately as I didn't want to have to recolour and use more. My son of course loved it ( I am sure he would have loved anything though) so the test was accomplished. Only problem is now for his next birthday he wants a 3d Buzz lightyear!! Yikes!!

The fairy toadstool cake was for my nieces 1st Birthday.
I had never done a toadstool before and thought it would be a cute cake.
Why is everything always easier than it looks?
I won't go into detail here but the top cake was not as perfect as it could have been.

The Teapot cake was yet again another first for me. It was one of the most enjoyable cakes I have made mainly because I was much more organised and had planned everything out. It is a chocolate mud cake with milk chocolate ganache as a filling. The spout and handle were made from modelling paste as was the fairy.

As I am godparent to my cousins daughter I took it upon myself to design her christening cake. The theme was to be unicorns and the colour purple.
This cake came together at the last minute as I wasn't
quite sure about what the exact design was going to be.
The top cake was a cherry ripe mud with dark chocolate
ganache filling. The bottom tier was chocolate mud cake
with milk chocolate filling. The unicorn was made in advance
using modelling paste as was the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment