Wednesday, July 8, 2009


Well I have finally decided to create my own cake decorating blog! I am still relatively new to the whole cake decorating process having only been doing it for about 1 1/2yrs. I still have alot to learn but have been enjoying the learning curve so far.

Here is my latest cake creation. This was made for a friends wedding who wanted a simple yet modern cupcake design. The top cake was a chocolate mud cake with dark chocolate ganache and choc mud cupcakes with ganache swirls. This was my first ever cupcake tower and it was not without problems. On the day of decorating I managed to spill over half of the gold cachous all over the floor. Luckily I still had enough left to finish the cake. I also had issues with the chocolate ganache not wanting to pipe for me. All in all a great learning experience and hopefully if I do another down the track, it will be smooth sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment